Search This Blog

Monday 18 April 2022

A lovely frugal day

 I took DIL and little GD 5 miles to a beautiful bluebell wood and apart from the petrol spent nothing. It was so peaceful.




I received some free goodies from the Olio food waste hero across the road:- chocolate hot x buns, blueberries and a packet of swoodles (sweet potato noodles) which are new to me but I'm happy to try. Then later before Sainsburys closed I did the 5 minute walk there and spent 90pence on 9 yellow sticker items which would have cost £15.20. I also tried a new recipe from Jack at Bootstrapcooking. It was pesto made by blitzing a 10 pence packet of salad leaves with some wild garlic gathered locally along with a couple of bits from the cupboard. I mixed it with some pasta and a few other left overs and it was delicious. I'm stepping up the frugality with all the rising prices. 

12 comments:

  1. What lovely bluebells.

    I think more and more of us will be tightening the frugal belts over the next while.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Yes we have to be prepared.

      Delete
  2. The bluebell wood looks delightful. You have done really well with all your bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Simple pleasures make us happy.

      Delete
  3. Your bluebells are further ahead than ours, they are only just beginning to appear. We are trying to be careful too - prices are shooting up each week we go shopping - well done on your bargains x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes everything is a bit earlier down here. They disappear so quickly we have to be quick to see them.

      Delete
  4. That bluebell wood looks like a little bit of heaven. I can only imagine what joy it is to walk through there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just couldn't stop looking at it and taking photographs. It was wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Wow that pesto sounds good especially the wild garlic and what a saving with the yellow stickers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldnt believe how strong the garlic tasted. really good

      Delete