Search This Blog

Sunday 14 January 2018

Looking back.......

...and forward! Well as it is already half way through January I thought it was about time I looked back at 2017.

So did I accomplish anything I had planned?  Yes and I'm quite pleased about them.

I made a bag out of material I had bought in Amsterdam the previous year.
I planned and enjoyed a week in Scotland on my own. I did lots of walking, visited Knoydart which has been on my wish list for years since I read it is the most remote place in mainland Britain. I finally travelled on the West Highland railway line between Glasgow and Mallaig which was breathtaking.

I wanted to have more days out and breaks as the previous year I only had 2 nights with a friend in Amsterdam and a less than a week visiting friends. I really enjoyed those breaks but wanted to do more. I only had a couple of days out as well but last year I had some lovely days out often using my bus pass and doing lots of walking. I also managed a week away with DB which can be difficult with his disabilities but it went really well and we both enjoyed it so planning to do it again this year.

One thing I didn't plan but has brought great joy was the birth in October of our first grandchild - a girl.

So plans this year are to enjoy being a granny.

I also want to get back to sewing and bought a new sewing machine in the sales which I am pleased with. I have saved lots of pins on pinterest and the first thing I want to make is a backpack from the rest of my Amsterdam material.

The other plans are possible moves for some of us but that will take a while to accomplish.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on all you achieved and also upon becoming a granny. Fun times ahead.

    ReplyDelete