Search This Blog

Sunday 28 January 2018

Visiting..

old friends.  I have been friends with J for 35 years when she moved a few doors from us. We just gelled from the start and in spite of her moving first to Manchester and now Cumbria and us moving from Hertfordshire to Essex the friendship has lasted.

She is 20 years older than me but doesn't matter except that she can't get around so much as she did so more effort to get together. Last week I managed a few days by travelling on the overnight coach each way so we could have a few days together and then I wouldn't be away too long from DB who is disabled and needs carers while I'm away.

We managed to have lunch out at a farm with amazing views over Skidaw



The soup and cheese scone were delicious and so was the naughty mars bar cake!

We then had a trawl around the charity shops and some good finds which I will photograph and show next time.

The coach journey wasn't too bad and I did manage to sleep on and off for about 6 hours on the way up and about 5 coming back. I don't know why I was surprised but loads of people walking about 6am Sunday morning in Victoria and plenty on the tubes. Glad to get home and catch up on some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment