Search This Blog

Monday 25 April 2016

The Stort


I met my friend L this evening to attend the monthly meeting of Much Hadham History Society and the subject was the River Stort. The gentleman delivering the talk gave us lots of interesting information about the history of the Stort Navigation. I was particularly interested as the river is only a 5 minute walk from my home and I walk there most days with my daughter and her dogs. It is beautiful and always plenty to see from flowers and birds to the many boats both holiday makers and those who live on them. The speaker has a web site with all the information http://www.leeandstort.co.uk/
I have walked the length of the Navigable Stort at various times as well as the Lee which the Stort flows into and from there to the Thames and on to the Sea. I am so pleased to have this river so near.



No comments:

Post a Comment