Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Andre Rieu

I discovered Andre Rieu and his orchestra on You tube some while back and really wanted to go to one of his concerts especially an open air one in Maastricht. So when I saw the Newmarket travel brochure had two night trips including the concert I decided it was a possibility but I had so much going on I couldn't book until the last minute. My older sister was keen to come when I asked her as she is also a fan.

We got the last two seats allocated to the company so we didn't have a brilliant view but the atmosphere was amazing.

The downside of these coach trips is that we stayed quite a way from Maastricht at Brussels airport so not even the same country. I drove to my sister the previous day and stayed over as we had an early start. A friend drove us to the pick up point, drove off and then my sister realized she had left her stick in the car so eventually the friend came back with it. A mini bus arrived to take us to the main coach and we hadn't been going long when a man asked if his small bag had been put in the boot. It hadn't so he was sure he had left it at home with their passports! We weren't far from his house so the very obliging driver made a detour and retrieved the bag from the banister where it had been left.

We still boarded our ferry on time and reached our hotel early evening.

The concert was the next evening so we had a few hours in the afternoon to explore Maastricht.
We were allowed into the square quite early so did lots of people watching. There was also a warm up act of a marching band which was great.





Even the stewards were dancing.


As you can see it was a very colourful joyful event. We got back to our hotel at 2am so very late for us and thankfully we didn't have to get up too early as the driver needed his sleep too.

We were very happy that we went as it was quite an experience.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Looks like a ton of fun! I would have been dancing!
    Mrs. N in Japan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun and we were dancing too.

    ReplyDelete