Search This Blog

Saturday 15 May 2021

Tim Horton and charity shops

 A Tim Horton coffee shop has opened in the retail park. DDIL was very happy as she is Canadian and so are Tim Hortons. It is 7 years since she has been in one. So I had my first experience of a drive through and I treated us all to a breakfast meal deal with the famous TH coffee and a box of Timbits. I didn't know what they were either. They are the middle of doughnuts! Not my usual diet and I am not a fan of doughnuts. I was impressed with the children's meal as the toy was a packet of crayons and a poster to colour in with Canadian images such as polar bears. No plastic. Also most of the packaging of our meal was recyclable. The coffee was very good too. 

After splurging, its been more frugal with the delivery of a large cube storage unit for the bedroom from a charity shop. When I moved here 18 months ago, I had to leave all my fitted bedroom furniture behind and there was none here so DS who lived here before, left one old wardrobe as they didn't need it. I did get a really nice huge pine wardrobe from a charity shop but was still using the old wardrobe for storage. Then with lockdown all the charity shops closed. So once the new piece was delivered, I dismantled the old wardrobe, including sawing the two long sides in half to get into my little fiesta to take to the dump. I also took a bedside cabinet to the charity shop. Of course while I was there I had to have a little browse. I was looking for jeans and books for our upcoming week away. I found a pair of next jeans that fit so beautifully, 3 books and a game of rapidough. I already had that game bought from a boot sale but there were bits missing so this one is much better. The books look interesting too. I have read Back home before by the same author as goodnight mister Tom. It is a children's book but I find it very interesting about a family reuniting after the war. 

Here are the charity shop buys. £3 the lot.



4 comments:

  1. Tim Horton's has changed it's coffee supplier. Right now, most people prefer the coffee sold by McDonalds!

    Timmies is getting a lot of flack here in Canada. Terrible service, reduced donut selection, boring meals. They are trying to do to many things and doing none of them well.

    They are no longer Canadian, but part of the same multi-national that owns Wendy's burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very rare for me to buy coffee or fast food anywhere so nothing to compare it with. If I do buy coffee while I'm out, I prefer a little independent tea shop but not many about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Tim Hortons before but I do like the idea of those Timbits :)
    Some great buys from the charity shop. I'm looking forward to a good browse myself very soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. McDonalds coffee is much better at least here in Canada. Though I do like Tim Hortons Mocha.

    Wonderful buys from the charity shop.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete