Search This Blog

Saturday 16 July 2022

Missing again

After a long abscence I was going to try to post every week but its been months. I haven't really got an excuse. I just didn't feel like it. I have joined several facebook groups about frugal living and have put posts on those. Also I have started following some youtube channels. 

I had shingles earlier on in the year in spite of being vaccinated. This month I finally caught covid and had a couple of quite bad days. I seem to be ok now two and a half weeks after succumbing. 

DD came for a week when it was very hot and as she has ME and suffers in the heat we couldn't do much especially as it was too hot for the dog. We did have a group greyhound walk when it was cooler the day before I took her home. 

I stayed for five days and we did have a nice time although she is limited. The day after we got back to hers she had to rest so I drove to Brightlingsea and had a walk along the estuary and looked around the village including buying some shorts in the charity shop. 




 We also went to the Beth Chatto gardens where I have intended to go for ages. 




I didn't manage a swim in the sea as we had to go in the morning when DD is up to it but we did have a paddle. In my case up to my chest. The tide was going out and it was rougher than I like. We still enjoyed it and managed to go for a carvery later. 

Everything came to a standstill the next week when I was home due to covid. Thankfully DD didn't get it. This week I took little GD for her first train journey. 5 stops and 20 minutes to a village to visit a farm which she loved and ran around with the baby goats. It was so peaceful. 

Today I had lots of frugal wins. Found a beautiful Monsoon top in the charity shop for £5 and a hand puppet craft kit for GD for 99p. Tesco had lots of yellow sticker meat at half price so I bought beef for family dinner tomorrow, sausages and pork steak. On the walk back I saw somebody having a declutter putting things by the bins in a carpark so I took two scooters for GD as she's outgrown her first one. She can keep one here and take one home. Then I went back in the car and collected a kids kitchen for GD to play with in the garden during the summer. The man throwing them out even helped me put it into the car. I really feel pleased when I save things from landfill and get something for nothing.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. Well done for spotting those items . It is so good when you know you can make use of something that would otherwise be thrown away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a post from you. Those were great frugal wins.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the rescue and reuse goodies for GD 😊

    ReplyDelete