Search This Blog

Friday 9 November 2018

Cruise Day 3 - At sea

Day 3 was spent at sea which was nice and restful except for the rush to get to the dining room at 20 to 9 as it closed at 9 am. We could have eaten in the buffet but it was nice to sit and have tea and juice brought to us although the food was still buffet. Why is it that at home I just have porridge and fruit but with a buffet have about four courses?

We went to another excursion presentation which was interesting especially as there had been a change of plans. Due to severe storms in the North sea our trip to the Eidfjord was cancelled and a berth at Stavanger had been secured for the next day. No sign of the storm for a while so we took coffee out on to the rear deck and sat in the sun with our various activities. Lunch then a doze in our cabin followed by sitting in the lounge to listen to Jon singing swing as the weather had turned rough. Our evening meal was an Italian theme so very enjoyable.





5 comments:

  1. I have never been on a cruise but something I may now consider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never been on a cruise as felt it wasn't for me. I did enjoy it and we got tasters of some lovely places. Just don't try Norway in September or October because they get terrible storms!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful morning on deck that was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos look like you had a wonderful time....coffee anywhere is always enjoyable for me so coffee on deck sounds lovely! I see a crochet ( knitting?) Project! I hope you weren't tossed about too roughly by the sea. That's the thing I'm afraid of as I get seasick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend is the creative one. She does such beautiful crochet.

      Delete